Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"Did You Know? 2.0"

I really enjoyed watching this video!!! I can honestly say that it was the coolest homework assignment that I have ever done.  The way this movie was put together was so simple, but was very entertaining.  However, I was most impressed by the way the creators kept surprising me as I was guessing what the next crazy statistic was going to be.  Many of them blew my mind and absolutely dropped my jaw.  More importantly though I thought this project was an excellent form of visual argument.  It almost reminded me of an advertisement.  I also noticed that they used a lot of repetition throughout the project with the "did you know." The creators recognized the audience and found out how to reach out and pull them in with multiple facts.  Every fact was more and more interesting, so that my attention was on the video the entire time.  I thought that this project was very well developed and was supported with great facts to back up their argument.  It's crazy to think about all the changes that the world has and is going to go throughout during my lifetime.  It is weird to think that my grandchildren will be studying about my lifetime in their history class!!! 

Click here to check out this great video yourself. 

1 comment:

Sara Ramsey said...

I completely agree with you on this. It was an extremely entertaining yet very factual video. You stay interested in it and yet you are still learning. Even though it was eight minutes long, I was interested the whole time.

Sara Ramsey